Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Pinspired!!!

I have had an obsession recently - Pinterest! 

I know it is a little early to be putting up my Christmas decorations, but I love to get a jump start (especially when Thanksgiving is not at my house)!

Here are a few of my pinterest projects!

My Inspiration:                                                                 My project:



 http://pinterest.com/pin/201465783300224841/

I was able to do this all with materials I already have!  I had the large clear vase - spray painted it white, used spray adhesive to apply Epsom salt "snow"


The tray I purchased last year as a clearance item after Christmas - it was a beautiful red (and I loved it), but I decided for this look, it would be better in black.  A little black spray paint and wah-lah!

Add a few candles, ornaments and spray's in the vase!  I love it - What do you think?

Next project - this didn't turn out quite the way I wanted it.  I may have to make a few alterations, but here is what I have so far....

My inspiration:



My recreation:


Ok - first of all I absolutely love the tile they have around their fireplace!

When I went to Hobby Lobby to purchase letters, they were out of the letters I needed in the block style, so because I am impatient and wanted to start this right away, I purchased the curly letters.  I wasn't too sure about them, but I think they work, especially with a fireplace that hangs 6 stockings!  I painted the letters burgundy to match our jeweled toned stockings (which I hope to replace someday - but not this year).

The ribbons actually match the small print in the fabric (you can't see that in the picture).  I think I need to iron them and reposition my "y".

Once I figure out how to fix a few of my issues, I will post new pictures.

What about you, have you been inspired to craft lately?




No comments:

Post a Comment